UC Application Essay Peculiarities
When you are writing a UC admission essay, make certain that your writing style is rather persuasive. You need to convince the admission committee that you are one of the applicants that will do great at the University of California. Therefore, you need to mention your awards, test scores and extracurricular activities to prove why this educational institution is the best fit for you. In regards to UC essay word limit, make sure your piece of writing is concise and straightforward. Aim for 400-500 words.
The best piece of advice in terms of application essay writing is to start early. This way, you will have a lot of time to rewrite, edit and proofread the paper. Another useful tip is to give your essay to one of your school teachers to get his or her feedback. He or she will help you pinpoint potential weaknesses, and you will have a great opportunity to make your essay better.
UC Essay Questions
The University of California typically allows an applicant to choose a few questions to which he or she is supposed to provide answers to. Some of the questions are as follows:
- What do you consider to be your greatest skill? How have you developed it over time?
- Describe the most significant challenge you have ever faced in your life. Dwell upon the steps you have taken to overcome it.
- Write about an academic subject you are passionate about. Explain how gaining new knowledge in this field will help you in your future career.
- What makes you stand out from the rest of the applicants?
- Have you ever been in the position of a leader? Dwell upon this experience in detail.
UC Essay Examples
Before you get down to the task of writing an admissions essay, allocate some time to familiarize yourself with well-written essay examples. It will help you figure out how to write and format such piece of writing. What is more, you may even learn more about original writing techniques that will help you come up with a unique application essay.
Do not forget that you can also submit information about yourself in the ‘additional comments’ section. It is totally optional but you can use it to provide clarification about your academic achievements or to dwell upon anything that you have not mentioned earlier.Download sample