University Of Washington Application Essay
A UW admission essay is a great opportunity for a potential student to express himself or herself, as well as to tell the committee what one is passionate about. This way, it allows the admission committee to see a person behind the grade scores and transcripts. Writing a personal story is considered to be one of the best approaches to UW essay writing. An application essay to the University of Washington should be 300-400 words long. What is more, you should aim for a concise and straightforward writing style.
University Of Washington Essay Questions
When you are applying to the University of Washington, you will most likely be supposed to answer one of the following questions:
- Tell a story from your life in which you describe an experience or an event that has completely transformed you as a person.
- Had you ever experienced a moment when your beliefs changed drastically? Dwell upon that time in detail.
- Explain why it is hard to be a teenager now. What advice would you give to teenagers these days?
- Had you ever made a contribution to a cause that was focused on the greater good? Explain how it made you feel.
- Choose your own topic and submit your essay on it.
University of Washington Essay Prompts
What you need to keep in mind when writing an essay to the University of Washington is to share a story in which you can demonstrate how diverse your cultural background is. This educational institution is aimed at creating a community in which everyone feels welcome. In case you are related to or know someone who has a richly diverse background, feel free to dwell upon it in your essay.
If you want to include some additional informational about yourself, you will find a specific section where you can easily do it when you are submitting your admissions essay. For instance, you may mention that your school or extracurricular activities have been limited because of certain family or work obligations if that is the case with you.
The key aspect in regards to writing an application essay to the University of Washington is to submit a piece of writing about an issue you deeply care about. Write in a way that demonstrates how significant the subject under consideration is to you.Download sample